Taiwan (Republic of China) headings regularly cause confusion for those of us who don't encounter them regularly.  As far as I've learned from previous cases that I've questioned, "location qualifier" does not include qualifiers indicating national character like this one, where the qualifier used corresponds to the jurisdictional name given correctly in the 410 below as China (Republic : 1949-).

Robert Rendall
Principal Serials Cataloger
Original and Special Materials Cataloging, Columbia University Libraries
102 Butler Library, 535 West 114th Street, New York, NY 10027
tel.: 212 851 2449  fax: 212 854 5167