From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Frederick, Donna
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Puppets

Hi,
I have a small collection of puppets I need to catalogue and was given some older looking guidelines for puppet cataloguing which I don't feel I should use.  They seem to be a mix of AACR2 and RDA-test instructions.

I see that there are many instructions in the RDA ToolKit for Three-dimensional forms.  What I am wondering is if there are any known controlled vocabularies or instructions which apply specifically to puppets?  These are the hand-held type which would be used by teachers or librarians during story time or as a toy rather than the professional or theatrical type.  In this case, instructions or vocabularies for toys might be useful too.

Any suggestions or directions in this regard would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Donna Frederick

[cid:[log in to unmask]]  Donna Frederick BA, BEd, MLIS
Metadata Librarian
University Library, University of Saskatchewan
Room 630.22, Murray Building, 3 Campus Dr
Saskatoon, SK S7N 5A4
Canada
Tel: (306) 966-5949  Fax: (306) 966-5919