You may be absolutely right.  I just wish that if it were for the work, we
would have at least a 380 indicating the genre/form of the work, which in
this case is biography.

But as others have noted the last change to this NAF record was in 2012,
which may reflect older RDA rules for expression.

In either or both cases, how can one tell if the NAF record is a work
record or an expression record?

Gene Fieg