From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Prochazka,David
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Names including an alternate name in quotes

I’d follow the pattern used in these RDA AAPs:

Miller, William “Skip”

Pickens, Ryan “Slim”, 1972-

I don’t see anything in RDA that says to ‘deconstruct’ the elements of a personal name and prefer some elements more than others.

Of  course, ant variety of VAPs might be added.

David—

David Procházka | Music/Special Materials Cataloger | The University of Akron | Bierce Library—261C | Akron, Ohio  44325-1712 | 330-972-6260 | [log in to unmask]