What about a name like bassist Donald "Duck" Dunn, where the nickname
appears to have a sequential association with the given name? I agree that
the quotes around the nickname in the Dunn cases signifies that "Duck" is
something other than a given middle name, but I'm not sure that rules out
"Dunn, Donald "Duck" ..." as a useful VAP if supported by usage evidence.

Names have such variety, I'm not sure what possibilities I'd want ruled out
in a policy statement focused on this kind of usage.

Stephen

--
Stephen Hearn, Metadata Strategist
University of Minnesota