I spent the morning trying to split an undifferentiated NAR (Ryan, Patrick, no 96044888) when I discovered that both identities in the NAR already exist in the NAF.  I know I will have to report a BFM.  I know that when I am creating new NARs I can edit the undifferentiated record to say it will be deleted in favor of another record.  But I am not certain what to do when I have not created any records.  Do I edit the undifferentiated record?  Do I arbitrarily pick one of the existing records for it to be deleted in favor of?  Do I edit the existing records to note the undifferentiated record number?  Do I add the form of name from the undifferentiated record to the existing differentiated NARs as a 500 $w nne?

If anyone can give any pointers to handling this situation, it would appreciated.

                                                                                Steve McDonald