From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Lasater, Mary Charles [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2016 3:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] procedure for undifferentiated NAF when both identities previously exist

Steve,

When I find a situation like this, I like to add a 667 note similar to the one on: no2010098512

Formerly included on undifferentiated name record no 96044888

 I usually include 'also' so other authorities folks are even more carefully warned: Formerly also on undifferentiated authority record: no 96044888

I would remove both pairs from the undifferentiated record and if those titles don't show up on the other unique ones, move a 670 for each of those  as well.  I would also add the 667... Reported for deletion... to no 96044888

Thanks for asking... Maybe others have other ideas, but I spend a lot of time working with these changes each month and moving those 670's can really save me some time. Not moving them means I can waste a lot of time.

Mary Charles Lasater
Authorities Coordinator
Vanderbilt University