Dear Implementers,

For those of you who are heading to Bern for iPRES this year, I think weve got a good spread of PREMIS related things on the agenda: we have a tutorial, paper and the implementation fair.

The implementation fair is run at every iPRES. Its one of the main chances in the year for the PREMIS Editorial Committee to talk with people that actually implement PREMIS. The fair is usually split into two sections. The first is an update from the Editorial Committee about changes that have happened in the last year or so and work that the Committee are undertaking right now. The second part is the more crucial part: listening to presentations and questions from implementers. This is a great chance for us all to explore successes of implementing PREMIS, but also discuss issues people are having and recommendations for improvements to PREMIS.

For those of you who are attending iPRES, I would like to invite you to consider doing a small presentation/chat about your own implementation. It could be a 5 minute look at one small issue, or a 15 minute overview of what youve been up to. Were really keen to make sure that you get a chance to get any questions answered or that you can vent any frustrations!

Do let me know if youd be interested.

Best wishes,

Pete

Peter McKinney | Digital Preservation Policy Analyst | Information and Knowledge Services
National Library of New Zealand Te Puna M
tauranga o Aotearoa
Direct Dial: +64 4 462 3931 | Extn: 3931
Cnr Molesworth and Aitken Streets | PO Box 1467, Wellington 6140 |

http://digitalpreservation.natlib.govt.nz/

I work on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

The National Library is part of the Department of Internal Affairs