Steve,

This sounds like an interesting presentation.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned about iZotope RX5 Advanced Editor
is that there are both EQ Match and Ambience Match functions. I have
used RX's EQ Match and it does wonders. I think it is superior to the
version of that function built into the FFT filter of Samplitude--but
that is also impressive and it's been around for a decade or so.

I have not tried Ambience Match other than one time and I don't remember
if I liked the result or not. I think it worked, but it didn't solve the
ugliness problem I was having.

I am a beta tester for Izotope but I think that they are doing more with
DSP than almost anyone else. It's good software. You can download a
trial for 30 days and see if it helps you.

I have no idea whether it will help or not. I don't know where you are
PC wise these days, but you'll want a fairly contemporary PC. I know I
was disappointed when I first tried out iZotope--but it was the PC's
slowness that got to me. I run it on a Core i7 930 4 core / 8 thread
machine. I have 24 GB of RAM but that is more for Photoshop and
Lightroom than RX. RX routinely fills up the processor to close to 100%.

Cheers,

Richard