To build his collection of Brass soloists, my uncle did what he called,
"junking", going to junk yards and searching through things to find what
he wanted. This was usually done on their trips around the country,
stopping at roadside places. Yard sales have over taken auction houses
and flea markets in some places in U.S., so one of the things to
watch...going on now for some time to come...is the yard sale and estate
sales of older Americans. Over half the adult population is now over 65,
and they still have the small collections of 78s of their parents
collections squirreled away in cabinets...vinyl too. Much of this will
be sent to Goodwill and Salvation Army. I'm hoping they don't throw them
away as not saleable.

At least one person/family I know went to garage sales after they were
closing down, and bought cheaply everything the seller wanted to get rid
of. He and family ended up with opening a thrift store; many of which
are now making profits of $60,000 or more a year.

Paul

--

Paul T. Jackson

*Trescott**Research*