Hi,

Just wondering if someone could spare a minute to point me in the right
direction....

My name is Paul Edwards, I'm a hip-hop author and I have books published
in the US and UK on publishers such as Macmillan/St. Martin's Press,
Chicago Review Press, and Random House/Virgin Books (list of books and
info about me at the end of this email).

I'm currently writing a book on hip-hop production and I'm trying to get
hold of multitrack files for certain songs (as it would let me break
them down in far more detail for the book), particularly older ones from
the early 1990s.

However, I'm not really sure who to contact to try to obtain these or
who is in charge of multitracks for songs or where they're archived. For
example I don't know if I'm meant to contact the record label publicist,
the recording studio where the song was made, the group's producers, the
song's rights holders, etc.

Any info at all on this would be hugely appreciated, because at the
moment I don't know who I'm meant to be contacting!

Best,
Paul Edwards

Author of:
"The Concise Guide to Hip-Hop Music"
	US edition, Macmillan/St. Martin's Griffin, 2015
	Korean edition, Hans Media, 2016

"How to Rap: The Art & Science of the Hip-Hop MC"
	US edition, Chicago Review Press, 2009
	UK edition, Random House/Virgin Books, 2012
	Korean edition, Hans Media, 2011
	Japanese edition, P-Vine Books, 2011

"How to Rap 2: Advanced Flow & Delivery Techniques"
	US edition, Chicago Review Press, 2013
	Korean edition, Hans Media, 2014

Interviewed over 100 rappers and groups including Cypress Hill, will-i-
am of Black Eyed Peas, Public Enemy, Nelly, A Tribe Called Quest,
Jurassic 5, Twista, Royce Da 5'9", and Big Daddy Kane.

Been interviewed as an expert on hip-hop and rap by the Chicago Tribune,
the New York Amsterdam News, Chuck D's New York radio show, PBS,
Australia's Acclaim Magazine, UK's Echoes Magazine, Germany's HHV
Magazine, HipHopDX, and Time Out Dubai. Referred to as "the Aristotle of
Hip-Hop poetics" by Dana Gioia (poet and former Chairman of the US
National Endowment for the Arts).