From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Noble, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 12:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Variant Parenthetical Designation as 400

I'm being presented with ARs for a name with a variant parenthetical designation as a 400, e.g. "100 Name (Teacher of mathematics)" and "400 Name (Mathematician)"; in another case "100 Name (Pianist)" and a newly added "400 Name (Composer and pianist)" in response to information presented in a newly cited source.

This  doesn't seem quite right somehow, but I can't find any positive negative example (so to call it) to justify my uneasiness.

With thanks from a less than coordinated Acting NACO Coordinator -

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble@Br<mailto:[log in to unmask]>own.edu<http://own.edu>>