This makes sense for people.   But interestingly, we do sometimes make analogous variant access points for series.  From LC-PCC PS 6.27.3 (Authorized Access Points Representing an Expression) /Other situations:

6.  Change in parenthetical qualifier not requiring a new record.

If there is a change in the parenthetical qualifier in the existing series authorized access point and a new record is not required (6.1.3.2), consider giving a variant access point from the series title proper and the changed qualifier if it would help in identification.

Example:

130 #0 Wissenschaftliche Reihe (Husum, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany)

430 #0  Wissenschaftliche Reihe (Nienburg, Germany)

(in effect, we may express every possible place of origin/publication the resource has had, or at least some of them).  In this case it isn’t a matter of uniqueness, but of identification, so I guess the principle doesn’t generalize across all types of AAPs.

Mary Jane Cuneo

Serials cataloging and NACO

Information and Technical Services

Harvard Library

EXAMPLE

130 #0

$a Wissenschaftliche Reihe (Husum, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany)

430 #0

$a Wissenschaftliche Reihe (Nienburg, Germany)