In a linked data world, our distinguished librarian colleague Ed Jones could have an identical-looking 100 to football player Ed “Too Tall” Jones and be differentiated

--by unique identifier

--not (only) by date of birth or xref for nicknames

--and not (only) by 37X elements from the authority records

--but also boosted by 6XX elements from bibs associated with the persons

--and images

[log in to unmask]" alt="Ed Jones">

--and associated videos

https://youtu.be/LW4jsfqx7fE