From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Netanel Ganin
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 5:35 PM

> I was unable (and am fully ready to chalk this up to bad navigational skills) to find a
> response on the RSC site to this proposal. Does anyone have any insight into
> what was the result of this proposal?

According to:
http://www.rda-rsc.org/6JSC/BL/21

"... discussion suspended pending work of FRBR Consolidation Expert Group."  I haven't investigated beyond this webpage.

> 2. Follow up -- has there been a proposal (or immediate rejection of such) for fictional places such as
>
> Oz (Imaginary place)
> Never-Never Land (Imaginary place)
>
> to be entered into the NAF rather than LCSH?

Since some places are tied to governments (corporate bodies), see above.  As for the remainder, I don't have time to check, but you might find something here:
http://www.rda-rsc.org/6JSC/FictitiousWG/1

There's a reference to fictitious places here:
http://www.rda-rsc.org/sites/all/files/RSC-Chair-10-2016.pdf

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library
Cataloging and Metadata        University of St. Thomas

Verona," Act I, Scene iii