Hi Helpful PCC members,

I was wondering if there is guidance somewhere on whether or not a
corporate body is considered to be a new one (or warrants a new NAR) if the
law which put it into force changes, even though the name of the body stays
the same.

I have this scenario with the Kenya Law Reform Commission. According to its
annual reports:

2006, 24th Annual Report: "The KLRC was established on 13th May 1982 by the
KLRC Act (Cap.3)"
2014-2015 (no more numbering, although still issued annually): "The Kenya
Law Reform Commission is established by the Kenya Law Reform Commission
Act, 2013 (no. 19 of 2013) as a successor to the Law Reform Commission,
previously established under the repealed Law Reform Commission Act, Cap 3"

So, my questions: does this warrant a new NAR for the Kenya Law Reform
Commission, based on the fact that the law which enacted it has changed? Or
should the existing NAR (ARN 2431651, n  88270582) be noted to reflect the
change?

Also, if I'm reading LC-PCC PS for 11.2.2.14.2 correctly, the variant on
this NAR remains valid (Kenya. Law Reform Commission), yes?

The text of the Act can be found here:
http://kenyalaw.org/kl/fileadmin/pdfdownloads/Acts/KenyaLawReformCommissionActNo19of2013.PDF
​
I appreciate you thoughts and guidance on this matter. Am I overthinking
this?

Regards,
Alexis​

--