The preferred name would be:

Kenya Law Reform Commission

The name fails the test for subordinate entry because the name of the government or parent body is already in it.

Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries
Box 352900
Seattle, WA 98195-2900

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 8:57 AM -0700, "Alexis Zirpoli" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Hi Helpful PCC members,

I was wondering if there is guidance somewhere on whether or not a corporate body is considered to be a new one (or warrants a new NAR) if the law which put it into force changes, even though the name of the body stays the same.

I have this scenario with the Kenya Law Reform Commission. According to its annual reports:

2006, 24th Annual Report: "The KLRC was established on 13th May 1982 by the KLRC Act (Cap.3)"
2014-2015 (no more numbering, although still issued annually): "The Kenya Law Reform Commission is established by the Kenya Law Reform Commission Act, 2013 (no. 19 of 2013) as a successor to the Law Reform Commission, previously established under the repealed Law Reform Commission Act, Cap 3"

So, my questions: does this warrant a new NAR for the Kenya Law Reform Commission, based on the fact that the law which enacted it has changed? Or should the existing NAR (ARN 2431651, n  88270582) be noted to reflect the change?

Also, if I'm reading LC-PCC PS for 11.2.2.14.2 correctly, the variant on this NAR remains valid (Kenya. Law Reform Commission), yes?

The text of the Act can be found here: http://kenyalaw.org/kl/fileadmin/pdfdownloads/Acts/KenyaLawReformCommissionActNo19of2013.PDF
?
I appreciate you thoughts and guidance on this matter. Am I overthinking this?

Regards,
Alexis?

--
Alexis Zirpoli