The paper Netanel references is 6JSC/BL/21, Fictitious Families and Corporate Bodies (Revision of RDA 10.0, 10.3.1.3, 10.11.1.2, 11.0, 11.7.1.4, 11.13.1.2).

This was on the JSC's agenda for the 2014 meeting. The paper and the constituency responses are available from: http://www.rda-jsc.org/archivedsite/working2.html#bl-21

The outcomes of the JSC's discussion are summarized in the JSC's 2014 meeting minutes, available at: http://www.rda-jsc.org/sites/all/files/6JSC-M-462-539.pdf

In a nutshell, the JSC decided to "suspend" the proposal due to the developing FRBR-Library Reference Model (LRM), especially since LRM takes a different view of fictitious entities than what currently appears in RDA.

Kathy Glennan
Head, Monographs & Music Cataloging, University of Maryland
ALA Representative to the RDA Steering Committee