*** Please excuse cross-posting ***
The ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group (CNIG) seeks speakers to present at the ALA Midwinter Conference to be held in Atlanta on Saturday, January 21st, 2017, 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM.
The Cataloging Norms Interest Group offers a forum for the exploration, communication, and exchange of ideas and best practices on the dynamics of cataloging/metadata norms and workflows in the hybrid environment.
Presentation topics should be of current interest to catalogers, cataloguing managers and administrators, and be approximately 15-20 minutes in length. Additional time will be allowed for questions and discussion.
This year's theme is "Best Practices for Digital Repositories" and potential topics may include (but are not limited to):
· Metadata application in digital repositories;
· Archiving, curating and preserving special and cultural heritage collections;
· Linked data implementation in or related to digital repositories;
· Research data, datasets and digital repositories;
· Data and text mining related to digital repositories;
· Implementing guidelines and standards for digital repositories;
· Support open data and open scholarship using digital repositories;
· Assessment of content and impact in digital repositories;
· Use metadata and data to improve digital repository services.
If you have questions, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group
Sai Deng and Jessalyn Zoom, Co-Chairs
Elizabeth Bridges and Debra Skinner, Co-Vice Chairs