The alternative is to not record a location or a corporate body.  We don't do so for many expeditions that don't have a jurisdictional place.  For example we wouldn't include a place in an access point such as:

Dutch and American Expedition to New Guinea $d (1926)

Royal Society International Geophysical Year Antarctic Expedition $d (1955-1959)

Byrd Antarctic Expedition $n (2nd : $d 1933-1935)

Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries
Box 352900