Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the
Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, December 7th from 2:00 to
3:15 pm for a training session entitled entitled "Searching Through the
Invisible Web: Finding Hidden Resources on the Internet" part of our series
of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

It has been said that searching on the Internet today can be compared to
dragging a net across the surface of the ocean; a great deal may be caught
in the net, but there is a wealth of information that is below the surface
and therefore missed. Most of the Web's information is buried far down on
dynamically generated sites, and standard search engines do not find it.
Traditional search engines cannot "see" or retrieve content in the
“Invisible” or “Deep” Web – those pages do not exist until they are created
dynamically as the result of a specific search. The Invisible Web is
several orders of magnitude larger than the surface Web. This class will
examine the type of information available on the mysterious "Invisible
Web," how to access it, and why it is important. Learn why some information
is inaccessible to web search engines and what might be overlooked in
researching the Internet. Search techniques and recommended sources will
also be covered. This program will be conducted by Reference Librarian
Jennifer Klang.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the temporary DOI
Library is located in Room 2262 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the
Interior Building. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior
Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the
program in the Library is limited so please go to the following link to
register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formk
ey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.
  However, please note that this class is also being offered as a
simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  Please
indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information
about webinar access to this program.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at
[log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have
trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about
the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website
at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on December 7th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services
(OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 2262, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]