Both names are valid as authorized access points, but only one of the names will be chosen for the authorized access point of the particular work.  You would do an authority record for that work with a 400 variant access point for the work using the other identity.  Here’s the instruction in RDA:

6.27.1.7 Different Identities for an Individual Responsible for a Work

If:
an individual responsible for a work has more than one identity (see 9.2.2.8[http://access.rdatoolkit.org/images/rdalink.png]<http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=rdachp9&target=rda9-1870#rda9-1870>)
and
there is no consistency in how that individual is identified on resources embodying the work
then:
construct the authorized access point representing the work by combining (in this order):
a) the authorized access point representing the identity most frequently used on resources embodying the work (see 9.19.1[http://access.rdatoolkit.org/images/rdalink.png]<http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=rdachp9&target=rda9-5465#rda9-5465>)
b) preferred title for the work (see 6.2.2[http://access.rdatoolkit.org/images/rdalink.png]<http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=rdachp6&target=rda6-2035#rda6-2035>).

EXAMPLE

Cunningham, E. V., 1914–2003. Sylvia
not Fast, Howard, 1914–2003. Sylvia
The author’s novel Sylvia was originally published under the pseudonym E.V. Cunningham. On some resources embodying the work the author is identified by his real name, Howard Fast; the identity most frequently used on resources embodying the work is E.V. Cunningham

If the identity used most frequently cannot be readily determined, construct the authorized access point representing the work by combining (in this order):
a) the authorized access point representing the identity appearing in the most recent resource embodying the work
b) preferred title for the work (see 6.2.2[http://access.rdatoolkit.org/images/rdalink.png]<http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=rdachp6&target=rda6-2035#rda6-2035>).

Here’s what the authority record for the work titled Sylvia looks like:

100 1_ Cunningham, E. V., ǂd 1914-2003. ǂt Sylvia
400 1_ Fast, Howard, ǂd 1914-2003. ǂt Sylvia

--Adam Schiff
University of Washington Libraries