Wouldn't an author-preferred form added as in a 4xx accomplish the same
function from a search perspective?

I just want to clarify this for myself.

in my former work, I catalogued a LOT of Arabic language materials and this
would come up from time to time (though, at the time, I was not creating
any NARs).

Jesse

--
Jesse A Lambertson, MLIS