I'm a past Secretary of the Photographic Historical Society of New England.

A member recently came by to donate some photographic equipment to the
Society that he no longer wanted and took the opportunity to dump an old
1/4" tape deck, 1950s vintage, on us.

It's a Wilcox-Gay "Imperial Recordio" complete with traveling cover. (we
didn't take the cover off at the time of donation so the member was able
to escape w/o it.) S/n 3686(?)

We don't have the expertise to check it out -- don't even have a 1/4"
tape (or reels) we could put on it so I can't say anything more about it
except to parrot Google.

Anybody anywhere interested in such an item?

Allan Goodrich