From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Corey Bailey
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2016 5:55 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] 2" Tape baking

Hi Stewart,

Toby Seay suggests 55 degrees Celsius which is 131 degrees F. That temperature will work fine but I would err on the the cautious side and go for 120-125 degrees F. (49-51.5 degrees Celsius). The 18 to 24 hour time frame suggested should be adequate as well if the 2" tape reaches temperature throughout for, at least, half of the time spent at temperature. 18, hours at with the entire tape at temperature would be even better. I'm, no doubt, preaching to the choir here but be sure that the tapes are carefully inspected and rewound at room temperature before attempting playback.

Cheers!

Corey
Corey Bailey Audio Engineering
www.baileyzone.net