OT, but I recently used the spectral editing in the new version of Sam, and it was nice. Easy selection capability. I took out some page turns perfectly. I have RX5, but the SAM editing was easier for me to use without any practice. A lot better than it was 5 or 6 years ago, when I last tried it. The new program update itself still has some bugs.

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard L. Hess
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2016 9:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Anyone play with SpectraLayers, previously from Sony, now from Magix?

Well, the demo kept crashing on me. I checked the machine and I had the right Open GL and other parameters. Of course, I have so much other Magix software on there it might have been an interaction, but at least it did NOT seem to break Samplitude (phew)!

I did get to play a bit between crashes and maybe I could get better at selecting, but overall it still seemed less-polished than RX. But it is hard to have it crash every three minutes.

Cheers,

Richard