NLM Invites Eligible Applicants for Specialized Information Services and Library Operations Technical Information Specialist Positions (Application Closes 12/05/2016)
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) is recruiting up to 13 Technical Information Specialists in the Divisions of Specialized Information Services and Library Operations. You are eligible to apply if you are a current government employee or have another eligible status. If you are eligible, you may apply to the USAJobs posting. These GS-13 positions are:
· Bibliographic Services Division, Library Operations (3 positions)
· History of Medicine Division, Library Operations (3 positions)
· National Information Center on Health Services Research & Health Care Technology (1 position)
· National Network Coordinating Office, Library Operations (1 position)
· Technical Services Division, Library Operations (2 positions)
· Division of Specialized Information Services (3 positions)
To be considered, you’ll need to apply to the opening for a Technical Information Specialist (job series 1412). NLM hiring managers will contact qualified applicants about which positions they are most interested in. A library or information science degree isn’t required to apply, but you’ll need to demonstrate the experience described in the USAJobs announcement.
Technical Information Specialists serve an important role at the National Library of Medicine, providing the technical expertise that enables us to accomplish our vital public mission. We’re looking for applicants who can demonstrate adaptability, effective change management, collaboration and communication skills, teamwork, and specialized technical expertise.
Head, Library Technology Services Section
Technical Services Division
National Library of Medicine
8600 Rockville Pike
BG 38 RM 1N08K
Bethesda, MD 20894