I’m only the messenger, please direct any questions to: VHA Nationwide DEU Phone: (844)456-5208 Email: [log in to unmask]
Opened Friday 12/9/2016 (0 day(s) ago)
Closes Thursday 12/15/2016 (6 day(s) away)
$57,080.00 to $74,205.00 / Per Year
United States Citizens
Vacancy ID: 1860739
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise – “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service. If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define “who we are,” our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (“I CARE”).
America's Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
The Librarian (Biological and Medical Sciences) in this position is located within the Education service at the VA North Texas Healthcare System in Dallas, Texas.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Serves as an information specialist providing reference services;
· Develops, manages and administers a comprehensive library program and oversees all aspects of daily operation of the library;
· Ensures compliance with copyright legislation and license agreements;
· Maintains current knowledge of database content and serves as the expert in searching techniques across a variety of databases and vendors;
· Establishes, implements and reviews program guidelines, policies and operating procedures, including developing and recommending program monitors and budget;
· Tracks statistics and completes local and national reports;
· Ensures the development of a comprehensive, high quality library collection that is broad in scope and penetrating in coverage to meet the information needs of staff, students, researchers and patients;
· Adapts existing cataloging records and ensures the accomplishment of original cataloging of books, journals, audiovisuals and ephemeral materials for easy location by library patrons; and
· Utilizes expertise in a wide range of informational sources, including sources that are non-standard resources in general hospital and health care delivery organizational libraries.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.