Hi Everyone -

Please join us for the next in our regular monthly series of free Department of the Library Park Ranger Speaker Series lectures, entitled "The Attack on Pearl Harbor" on Tuesday, December 20th from 1:00 - 1:45 pm in Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building's Rachel Carson Room.

Japan’s surprise attack on Pearl Harbor seventy-five years ago created a new era for America.  It shocked the nation to its core and meant that the United States would now be involved in the scourge of the Second World War. At the time Americans were enjoying a blissful period of peace, seemingly separated by vast oceans from the great war abroad. Within days, they would receive word that Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy had also declared war on America, bringing our nation front and center into this global conflict. As we look back seventy-five years later, we view the world very differently now than before that fateful Sunday morning of December 7, 1941. America's role in the world changed forever, and so did America.

Please join Park Ranger Paul O’Brian as he examines the attack on Pearl Harbor upon the commemoration of its seventy-fifth anniversary. Ranger O’Brian will discuss its significance and the repercussions from that “date which will live in infamy” that are still felt to this day.

All that are interested are invited.  The Rachel Carson Room is located in the basement level of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building, towards the back of and adjacent to the Interior Department cafeteria.  The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington.  Space for the program is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGgtcWo5SGpfN3VNNVFobVNSTThyaXc6MQ#gid=0

Please also note that we will be offering WebEx webinar access for this program.  If you are interested in remote live access to this program, please note it on the online registration form or send an e-mail to [log in to unmask].

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this program and/or directions.   For more information about DOI Library resources and services, please visit the DOI Library's website, located at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope you can join us in person or virtually on December 20th.

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 2262, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]oi.gov
Phone: (202) 208-3796