From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Julie Sweetkind-Singer
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 3:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Spaces available: GIS4LIB camp at Stanford

Hi, all,

10 spaces are still available for the GIS4LIB camp at Stanford in January.  Please consider joining us.

Geo4LibCamp is a hands-on meeting to bring together those building repository services for geospatial data. The main focus is to share best-practices, solve common problems, and address technical issues with integrating geospatial data into a repository and associated services. For the purposes of the camp, we broadly define geospatial data from scanned maps and aerial photography to highly structured shapefiles.  The camp is structured as an unconference with suggested topics coming from the participants on the first day of the meeting, but we will also have a few prepared sessions.

Following the camp, on Thursday and Friday, we will have optional post-conference working sessions. We are organizing the 2 day post conference working sessions around the theme of "Becoming a contributor", both for librarians and developers. For contributing data, we'd consider issues like: What is OpenGeoMetadata? What tools are available for sharing? What data and metadata are available from elsewhere? We'd like you to bring your own data and get consultation from others on what to do! For contributing feature, we'd consider issues like: how to harvest more data, developing index maps, being a contributing software developer, etc. We'd like you to bring questions about new or existing features you'd like to see and discuss them with others!

More information here:
  https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/hydra/Geo4LibCamp+2017

Best,

Julie

****
Julie Sweetkind-Singer
Assistant Director of Geospatial and Cartographic Services
Head Librarian, Branner Earth Sciences Library & Map Collections
397 Panama Mall, MC: 2211
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305
650-725-1102