Folks,

We’ve had some issues recently with setting up the World Geocoding service in ArcMap. You can geocode individual items in AGOL without connecting to the service, but if you want to do “bulk geocoding” you’ll need to connect.

[This is different from bulk geocoding the Staff Portal, which we will soon enable through the use of the new “Hosting Server.”]

Below is guidance from Esri support on how to do this. I’ve lightly edited the response and I’ll add this info to Confluence.

Happy geocoding!

Butch Lazorchak

IT Project Manager

Geospatial Hosting Environment Project