I have been seeing some usage of Works. Selections that have me thinking
about when to use that conventional title and when not.
I understand that it is used when the title is something like "Collected
poetry of ...."
But when a non-collective title such as two works by Cicero in the Loeb
classical library: Brutus, Orator in one volume.

I was surprised to see a 240 with Works. Selections for this or titles like
it (non-collective titles).  I was under the impression that we now use the
non-collective title in the 245 and 700 02 for each title in the volume.

Is my understanding correct here?

Gene Fieg