There is also no justification for the place of death. I find it troubling that this came from DLC.

Christopher D. Cook
The Ohio State University

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Herrold, Charles <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

    I’ll get in trouble for saying this, but so what?  The file maintenance is not an unbearable burden.

    However, before anyone goes off the rails, I will also say that John is right, of course, as the name is unique and doesn’t need dates.  The only serious objection I have is that, incredibly, LC provided no justification in the record for the death date:

010  n  84216417

040  DLC ǂb eng ǂe rda ǂc DLC ǂd DLC

046  ǂf 1917-02-06 ǂg 2016-12-18

1001 Gabor, Zsa Zsa, ǂd 1917-2016

370  Budapest (Hungary) ǂb Los Angeles (Calif.) ǂ2 naf

374  Actors ǂa Socialites ǂ2 lcsh

375  female

4001 Gábor, Sári, ǂd 1917-2016

4001 Gábor, Zsa Zsa ǂw nne

670  Such devoted sisters, 1985: ǂb CIP galley (Zsa Zsa Gábor)

670  Filmgoers companion, 1977 ǂb (Zsa Zsa Gábor; b. 1919 [sic])

670  LC data base, 9/10/84 ǂb (hdg.: Gábor, Zsa Zsa)

670  IMDb, May 9, 2008 ǂb (Zsa Zsa Gabor; b. Feb. 6, 1917, Budapest, Austria-Hungary; birth name: Sári Gábor; unclear as to Zsa Zsa's birth date)

      Maybe the LC cataloger should just add that essential information and remove the dates from the access points.

Chuck Herrold

Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh