Hello, all, and Happy New Year!

Sorry about a potentially naive question...

We have a better-grade consumer TEAC X-2000 open reel deck that was donated
to us. It plays well, but I'm a bit confused by the azimuth adjustment. All
of the decks I have previously worked with have a single azimuth screw per
head, and I have some experience with how to adjust it. This machine,
however, has *two* small hex set screws on either side of the tangency
adjustment (according to the service manual that I found online).

What is the best way of adjusting these? Should I turn one and then the
other? Both in tandem? In the same direction? In opposite directions?

I can send photos and/or the relevant page from the service manual if
necessary, either on- or off-list...

Thanks in advance!

Mike

--

* Michael Andrec, Ph.D. -- Certified Archivist*

Ukrainian Historical and Educational Center of NJ
135 Davidson Avenue
Somerset, NJ 08873

732-356-0132

http://www.UkrHEC.org