First, a Happy New Year to all list members whom I have not greeted
individually.

I received the ARSC Newsletter recently and notice on p. 5 a story on the
NY Chapter's activities. Unfortunately, the meeting originally scheduled
for 19 January had to be cancelled. Our scheduled speaker, Sean Hickey, was
unable to be present. Therefore, we re-scheduled his talk to next September
and subsequently cancelled the January meeting. Our next meeting will be on
16 February when Dan Blazek will offer an expanded version of his talk on
Richard Pryor's comedy recordings, originally presented at the national
conference in Bloomington, Indiana last May.

We hope everyone will plan to attend both events.

Best regards,

Dennis D. Rooney
for the ARSCNY Steering Committee

--