Greetings from France !

To Don Chichester,

Here are two songs related to Lindy :
http://www.phonobase.org/simple_search.php?Tout=lindbergh&langue=en

Here can be found many samples of the voice of Emile Berliner father of
the disc record industry, recorded here as an anonymous singer between
1889 and 1893 :
http://www.archeophone.org/Berliner5inch

The legendary "Mary Had a Little Lamb" you have transferred onto a LP
was in fact recorded by Edison in 1927, for the phonograph 50th birthday
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN9QtVsiHpg ...

As regards Edison's voice I'd prefer listen to the earlier /Let us not
forget (a message to the American people/), by Edison himself in 1919 on
a Blue Amberol cylinder : http://www.phonobase.org/9555.html

Here are many samples of the voice of Emile Berliner, father of the disc
record industry, recorded as an anonymous singer between 1889 and 1893 :
http://www.archeophone.org/Berliner5inch

Here you will find the very earliest records ever, by Edouard-Léon Scott
de Martinville (1860 !), and (later) by Edison :
http://www.firstsounds.org/sounds/

Here some French words and their translation to the use of the American
troops in France, in 1917, on a Victor :
www.phonobase.org/simple_search.php?Tout=French+lesson&langue=en

... Here some more Blue amberols with more or less historical or
significant contents : http://www.phonobase.org/9547.html -
http://www.phonobase.org/9553.html - http://www.phonobase.org/1996.html
- http://www.phonobase.org/9558.html - http://www.phonobase.org/9559.html

Henri