Merci, Henri!  I will get to these today!

Don Chichester in Roanoke, VA

In a message dated 1/18/2017 3:31:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Greetings from France !

To Don Chichester,

Here are  two songs related to Lindy  :
http://www.phonobase.org/simple_search.php?Tout=lindbergh&langue=en

Here  can be found many samples of the voice of Emile Berliner father of
the  disc record industry, recorded here as an anonymous singer between
1889  and 1893 :
http://www.archeophone.org/Berliner5inch

The legendary  "Mary Had a Little Lamb" you have transferred onto a LP
was in fact  recorded by Edison in 1927, for the phonograph 50th birthday
:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN9QtVsiHpg ...

As regards Edison's  voice I'd prefer listen to the earlier /Let us not
forget (a message to  the American people/), by Edison himself in 1919 on
a Blue Amberol  cylinder : http://www.phonobase.org/9555.html

Here are many samples of  the voice of Emile Berliner, father of the disc
record industry, recorded  as an anonymous singer between 1889 and 1893  :
http://www.archeophone.org/Berliner5inch

Here you will find the  very earliest records ever, by Edouard-Léon Scott
de Martinville (1860 !),  and (later) by Edison :
http://www.firstsounds.org/sounds/

Here some  French words and their translation to the use of the American
troops in  France, in 1917, on a Victor  :
www.phonobase.org/simple_search.php?Tout=French+lesson&langue=en

...  Here some more Blue amberols with more or less historical or
significant  contents : http://www.phonobase.org/9547.html -
http://www.phonobase.org/9553.html - http://www.phonobase.org/1996.html
- http://www.phonobase.org/9558.html -  http://www.phonobase.org/9559.html

Henri

--
Henri CHAMOUX
The many adventures of the Archeophone phonograph :

Tel : 33 6 64 80 00  81
http://larhra.ish-lyon.cnrs.fr/membre/113

http://www.wnyc.org/story/110652-the-earliest-identifiable-wnyc-recording/

>  Marcos
>
> Marcos  Sueiro Bal
> Senior Archivist, New  York Public Radio
> 646 829  4063

Double-Disc
> promo  ("Don't put your record  money into any other!")?  Victor   19626
Joan of