Happy new year to all!
I'm Sofia Zapounidou, PhD student from Greece.

I would like your help regarding semantics and use of the
bf:originalVersionOf property. This property has both Work and Instance as
domain and range values.

*At the Work level*
Bf:originalVersionOf is sub property of  bf:hasDerivative. I cannot
understand the specialized meaning it offers. What is the difference between
Work -hasDerivative - Work and
Work -originalVersionOf -Work?

In the relationships discussion paper (currently under revision) states
that this property is used at the Work class level when "Instance is the
original version of which this resource is a reproduction". So even though
it is a sub property for derivation it is associated with reproduction.

*At the Instance level*
What is the meaning of the following sentence?
Instance - originalVersionOf - Instance ?

Does the property refer to derivation or reproduction? If it refers to
derivation, can you please give me an example? If it refers to reproduction
what is the semantic difference with the property bf:reproduction?

Thanks again for your time and may we all have a prosperous 2017!

Best regards
Sofia