Dear Niklas:

I am not sure whose “mapping” from MARC to BIBFRAME you’re talking about, but I can try to clarify the situation. bf:Contribution is used in the sense of a person or organization making a contribution, not a Work as contribution. And the 700 field can include only the person/organization making a contribution or, if there’s a $t, a reference to a work. In the case of the latter, where it has a $t it is considered a related resource, so would be another work with a person/organization who made the contribution and a title of the work.

I am not sure what your needs are in terms of when ind2=2 and why hasPart doesn’t suffice. What is the difference between hasPart (defined as: Resource that is included either physically or logically in the described resource) and “constituent” (which is used in the field name of MARC 774 but defined in a similar way to hasPart) and “includes” (which is used in the definition of hasPart). In BIBFRAME there are more specific relationships hasSeries and isSeriesOf, which are subproperties of hasPart and isPartOf. Is there some other more specific relationship you have in mind?

As for 100 vs. 700, yes, we want to move beyond the concept of main entry and rely on roles to express the particular type of contribution that was made (it could be the case that one domain’s contribution is another domain’s creator).  One way you could retain the distinction is to use the role creator (http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/cre) or contributor (http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/ctb).

Rebecca

Rebecca Squire Guenther
215 W. 75th St. Apt. 16H
New York, NY 10023