From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karen Coyle
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 1:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] Work record(s) that have Instances with more than one language

This is quite a departure from FRBR and RDA in terms of works. In those, translations are the same work, but different expressions. Would there be a way in BIBFRAME to model them as the same work?

As for linking translations, the current method of making a note is not going to yield much, but in the cases where there is a uniform title, that unifies the translations of a work because it uses the same title, not a translated title, for all translations:

"Hamlet. German"

"Hamlet. Italian"

kc