try

<xsl:text>&#x0A;</xsl:text>

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Ruth Kitchin Tillman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Michele,

Have you tried moving the location of <xsl:text>&#xa;</xsl:text> around in the file? I recently did a massive XML project here and had to move around <xsl:text>&#xa;</xsl:text> several times before I got it to work. I know that sounds silly, but if you're trying it all in the same place, I'd try moving it around vs. varying the type. This was in oXygen.

Best,
Ruth