59th NFAIS 2017 Annual Conference – The Big Pivot: Re-Engineering Scholarly Communication

Date: Sunday-Tuesday, February 26-28, 2017

Location: Hilton Alexandria Old Town, 1767 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314

Registration: http://www.nfais.org/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=72&eventId=518882&orgId=nfais&recurringId=0

What's Covered:

With a new administration set to take office in just nine days, there is palpable flux and uncertainty in regard to key issues such as federal R&D appropriations, open access to federally funded research, copyright protection and more.

At the same time, the scholarly record is undergoing a transformation - or "big pivot" - in how it functions and serves the information and scholarly research communities. Never before has there been such a high degree of opportunity and challenge surrounding the information community.

With this dynamic in play, there's no better time than now to join with your colleagues to engage in the urgent task of setting the future course of information services. Register now for the NFAIS 2017 Annual Conference, focusing on "The Big Pivot: Re-Engineering Scholarly Communication," February 26-28, in Alexandria, VA.

For registration, please note that our Early Bird rates closed on January 9However, we're extending our Early Bird rate of $595 to FEDLINK members through Friday, January 13.

To pay for your registration, contact Elinda Deans ([log in to unmask]) regarding use of your FEDLINK training account for the NFAIS 2017 Annual Conference. Or visit our registration page to pay directly. Just select the FEDLINK library rate on the payment page, and enter the discount code EARLY17. The discount code will take $100 off your registration fee.

The Conference Hotel, the Hilton Alexandria Old Town, also offers a special discounted rate of $165 per night through February 3, 2017 - but room inventory is limited, so register now.

Click here for more conference information (NOTE: the Conference Hotel is just across the street from the King Street Metro on the Yellow/Blue Lines) and to register: http://www.nfais.org/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=72&eventId=518882&orgId=nfais&recurringId=0

See you in Alexandria, VA!

NFAIS is grateful for the support of our sponsors. For information on becoming a sponsor of the NFAIS 2017 Annual Conference, click herehttp://www.nfais.org/2017-conference-sponsors

Contact:

For more information about the NFAIS 2017 Annual Conference, please contact Nancy Blair-DeLeon, NFAIS Director of Professional Development, at 443-221-2980 ext. 102 or [log in to unmask].

Subscribe to our bi-weekly NFAIS Advances e-newsletter!

NFAIS

www.nfais.org

@NFAISForum

Ken Berlack

Director of Marketing and Communications

NFAIS

801 Compass Way, Suite 201

Annapolis, MD 21401

443-221-2980, x103