Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, January 25th from 2:00 to 3:15 pm for a training session entitled "Locating Scientific Government Information on the Web: When Google Isn't Enough" part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

You know that white paper or technical report exists online, but is just not coming up when you search the web for it. Or maybe you don’t know exactly what you need, but feel certain a government agency has compiled plenty of data about the subject you are researching – but where to begin finding it all? Many pages and documents are only available via the Deep Web, and must be accessed either by searching government sites directly (requiring a unique search skill set) or by accessing some sites set up specifically to meet your research needs, such as Science.gov, PubMed, WorldWideScience, and the National Technical Information Service (NTIS). Come learn where and how to search for government scientific and technical information you need. This program will be led by Law Librarian Shannon Lynch.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the temporary DOI Library is located in Room 2262 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.   However, please note that this class is also being offered as a simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  Please indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information about webinar access to this program.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on January 25th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 2262, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]oi.gov
Phone: (202) 208-3796