On 2/1/17 1:25 PM, Jeff Edmunds wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Feb 2017 12:43:33 -0800, Karen Coyle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Widely adopted means? By whom?
> Widely adopted = adopted by a majority of libraries (of which, in the US,
> according to ALA, there are approximately 119,000, the vast majority of
> which use MARC now)
>
>> What if some people use MARC, some use MARC+schema.org, some use
>> BIBFRAME, some use RDA in RDF, others use Dublin Core, still others use
>> the DPLA data format, yet all exchange data? Would that be a failure?
>>
> That's fine of course, but you're muddying the waters: my claim is that NO
> ONE (or virtually no one) will use BIBFRAME. It is impractical.
Well, you're already wrong. Are you aware of that? Have you looked at
the "LD" projects? [1]

Honestly, I think you're getting yourself into a hole. Someone else in
our profession did the same thing, claiming that Dublin Core was a
failure. That person did not seem to know about libraries, archives, and
others who were using it, or that it's the 2nd most used vocabulary in
the linked data space, after RDF itself. You'd better have the facts to
back up your thoughts.

kc
[1] https://ld4l.org/

--