Did you mean to post this to the listserv?

From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sally McCallum
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2017 3:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [BIBFRAME] Nancy's music definitions, etc.

Ray, I am having trouble hitching up the new definitions Nance sent in.

MusicPlate is okay

MatrixNumber changes from a definition that is associated with another identifier (MusicPublisherNumber).  I think that the lined out def I have on a printout from you is really a suggested revision of MusicPublisherNumber and there is also a suggested slight revision of the MatrixNumber definition.  That is what I am going to do

I need a clear distinction between the MusicPublisherNumber and a MusicAVDistributorNumber.  The latter includes in its definition "publication of notated music" which would appear to be MusicPublisherNumber.  Cn you ask Nance to clarify that in the new definition?

What is a VideoGamePlatformIdentifier?  Is the platform being cataloged and this is its identifier, or is a game being cataloged and this is a platform it plays on?  In the latter case we would treat the platforms as members of a list of platforms and specify "codes, i.e., names" for the members.  The codes could be sort of like identifiers.  An example from RDA for video recording format is

Beta

Betacam

Betacam SP

CED