Thanks Gordon.

I've been watching the French "transition bibliographique" with much
interest.

In terms of Linked Data, they seem eons ahead of the US. I envy the
importance the French (and, more broadly, the Europeans) place on
cultural heritage institutions and their willingness to fund libraries
as an obvious public good.

Over here, in the US, we're being called upon to justify our existence.

Jeff

On Thu, 2 Feb 2017 16:00:15 -0000, Gordon Dunsire
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Jeff
>
>http://www.bnf.fr/documents/digital_roadmap.pdf
>
>Page 41: The outcome of this work is a new cataloguing code (RDA FR),
which
>aims to adapt the international RDA (Resource Description and Access)
code
>to French cataloguing practices, thus allowing gradual adoption
Training and