Thank you, I will read the API documentation and so we can talk about it. :)

Best,

Ricardo Sodré Andrade
Archives World Map maintainer
Archivist, MSc, PhD student

http://ricardo.arquivista.net/english

Em 09/02/2017 10:21, Dongen, Wim van escreveu:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you so much for your positive answer.

We are working on API services also (see: http://wiki.archivesportaleurope.net/index.php/APE_API_documentation), but not for providing full EAG information yet, however we could take that on of course.

About the EAG standard: it has a lot of possibilities, but there are only a few elements mandatory and most of the EAG/XML files in our portal contain only the basic information on the archival institutions, so I think a mapping from these EAG files to your database should not be that difficult and I could provide some sample files for that. In addition: the standard supports multilingualism.

Best wishes,

Wim van Dongen

Archives Portal Europe Foundation

www.archivesportaleuropefoundation.eu