Thanks a lot!

By following the link you provided, I have also found the original announcement (“Deities and mythological figures,” List 08, 2013:  http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/saco/cpsoed/psd-130819.html).

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ann Heinrichs
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 1:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Mythological characters, etc.

I believe such changes are taking place one by one, as they are approved, with the changes appearing in the PCCs monthly "New and Changed Subject Headings" (http://www.loc.gov/aba/cataloging/subject/weeklylists/).
In those lists, they look like this:
150        Deianira (Greek mythology) CANCEL HEADING    [sp 97003641 ]
682        This authority record has been deleted because the subject heading is covered by the name heading Deianira (Greek mythological character) (DLC)n 2016065297

150        Donald Duck (Fictitious character) CANCEL HEADING    [sp 85039028 ]
682        This authority record has been deleted because the subject heading is covered by the name heading Duck, Donald (Fictitious character) (DLC)no2016036349