Dear Colleagues:

A few years ago, with the inception of RDA, names of deities, mythological characters, etc., were changed from 150 to 100. Since the conversion took place without bridging (across subject and name authority), I  wonder if the split files (see below) were supposed to be merged and cleaned up locally. Could someone point me to any LC/PCC policy statement on this?

650   0 Hercules (Roman mythology)   600 0  Hercules c (Roman mythological character)

650   0 Orestes (Greek mythology)     600 0  Orestes, c King of Argos (Mythological character)

Gratefully,

Yang