From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Shorten, Jay
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 5:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Restoring a deleted name?

In my quest to identify some of the numerous other persons named James Nelson, I found that this was also a pseudonym of the audiobook narrator n  91129431 David Case. However, David Case turned out to have four pseudonyms, one of which was originally established as no 95040002 Davidson, Frederick, ád 1932-2005 but was later merged into David Case. Since under RDA, we need a separate identity for each pseudonym, do I ask LC to restore no 95040002, or do I just recreate it?

Jay Shorten

Cataloger, Monographs and Electronic Resources

Associate Professor of Bibliography

Catalog Department

University Libraries

University of Oklahoma

Co-owner, PERSNAME-L, the list about personal names in bibliographic and authority records